Páginas

Layout

terça-feira, 31 de julho de 2012

How to set a table

How to set a table - In English...

I'm not so much into etiquette, but since I am a future housewife and I will have my own place I need to know at least the basic, so I searched how to set a table, I looked in many websites, and I would like to share with you all I have learned so far.

Have a look at this picture bellow...

DIFFERENT WAYS TO SET THE TABLE

First of all, it depends on what you are going to serve. Let's see the breakfast table first. 


BREAKFAST TABLE
This is a good example of breakfast table. You need to adjust the plates and the cutlery to what you are going to serve. But let's pretend you are going to have cereal, milk, coffee, bread, eggs and fruit. In this case you will need to have two plates, and one bowl for the cereal. One cup, one juice glass, one tea spoon, one place spoon. And if you want to serve water, put a water goblet (or water glass). With a beautiful table everyone is tempted to eat more than we want! And if you have guests, they will be enchanted with your skills. Oh, just one more tip, the napkin can go on the left of the fork.


A casual lunch makes you feel more comfortable to use a heavier dinnerware, I love casual occasions. I don't like formalities. On this picture you can see a unique plate (it's casual, remember?!), with a beautiful fabric napkin folded on top. On the left we have the salad fork, and the lunch fork. On the right we have a tea spoon and the lunch knife. If it's a casual lunch, I, personally, would put only the lunch fork, since I don't have a plate just for the salad. This is very unusual for me, since we never used these formalities in my house... lol. And they put the water goblet and the coffee cup on the left of it. This is very unusual too, but new things come so we can learn, right?!


FORMAL DINNER TABLE




INFORMAL DINNER TABLE
These pictures show exactly how to set tables for dinner, both formal and informal. Again, it's going to depend on what you are going to serve, if salad, soup, etc... These are just ideas, and these pictures teach us the right place to put the dinnerware and the cutlery.

DO YOU WANT TO TEACH YOUR CHILDREN HOW TO SET A TABLE?

Teaching your children how to set a table in English is going to provide them another way of learning which is funny and also very useful for them in the future. It's not only a great educational opportunity, but also a perfect way to get them involved in the family meal. You can print the mat out and teach your children! 

Fonte: http://blog.handstandkids.com/2012/03/05/time-to-set-the-table/

See you later!!!
Bye for now!!!

2 comentários:

  1. Wow Sâmia, I loved the website! What I love most about it is the fact you teach things people can and will need to use on daily basis.

    I love the way you explain things and how you make them so easy! Success in your new bussiness. You deserve it :)!

    XX,

    Gi!

    ResponderExcluir

Now, tell me what you think... ;)

You may also want to see...